1. To achieve research and development excellence in product design and manufacturing using advanced computer-aided systems capabilities and modern facilities for design, testing, manufacturing and quality assurance of products, spare parts and materials.
2. To contribute to professional development of students and engineers via contributions to academic courses, training, workshops, graduate thesis supervision, case-studies and projects relating to design, manufacturing and inspection.
3. To maintain in-house high quality research and development capabilities by recruiting and retaining distinguished expertise in advanced manufacturing areas as well as collaborating and interacting with leading national and international expertise in the field.
4. To engage in continual collaborations with local civilian and military industries and to develop a community partnership targeted at developing and delivering effective and innovative solutions to design and manufacturing problems.
5. To develop and sustain partnerships with national, regional, and international design and manufacturing institutions in order to create networks for knowledge-sharing and fruitful research and development participation.